• Whitelist applications may take 24-48 hours to be reviewed!

The Directors Memo - April 2022

FragAverage#0451

Overlord.
Staff member
Director
Developer
Whitelisted
  • Admin
Good morning, afternoon or evening.

It's been almost 5 months since I wrote one of these, so I figured I'd write a little something so that I can paint a picture for you all.

Last time I wrote a director's memo the server was taken offline to give moderation staff a break, and also to give the development team a chance to get some bigger projects finished without the headache of bug reports, and all that jazz.

To reflect on a couple of the changes we made back then; we adjusted the economy, which seemed to have a positive effect. Players feel like they were being rewarded far more for their time investment but also it hasn't negated those who simply wish to grind all day. We enabled whitelisting, which in my opinion hasn't really effected much either way. We get a little less hackers, but our AC is very good at catching them anyway. Although it has brung in better quality players than before. New rules, people still break them 🤷.

So this time around.. The server has had some technical issues which took us down in the early GMT hours (no elaborate April fools joke unfortunately) but there was little motivation to lose some sleep to get the server back online, with a midst of drama happening just a few hours prior to going offline.

Which brings me to this... Everyday I am asking myself the same questions over and over;
Why is there always drama? Sure, its FiveM. But why can't we break out of the 20 player region? Why don't we attract new players? Why do we bother to keep TPRP alive?

And sure, we've been focusing a lot on exposure this last month, reintroducing server voting for example. But the new members we see flowing in are often simply offsetting those who are leaving.

So what is the problem? You tell me. The floor is open, don't sugar coat it. Be straight, we won't punish you for speaking your mind. You can DM me on discord, open a ticket or you can start a HEALTHY discussion in discord. This isn't an invitation to be toxic or firestarting or any of that bullshit. Lets have an adult discussion about how we move forward.

We are open to any and all ideas and suggestions, nothing is too far fetched. Lets discuss!

And no, "the pd" or "crims" are not the issue. Be more specific, nothing can be solved or worked upon by ambiguity.

An announcement will be posted in discord when the server will be back online.

- Frag

Demon_wun_fife

Maybe we should look at getting back into IRL social media. we could promote tprp that way. we can use some of teh donation monies and promote the community on 5m fb ig tike tok etc etc etc

Drama is going to happen no matter what. just how it is when you have all these personalities mixed together. Sometimes people get the lines blurred between RP and IRL.

I stay cause i love the people on the server (even though I havent been around much recently) maybe open it back up to the public???

Maybe we need more stuff to do? Maybe we need more people to just live normal civs lives like taxi driver or garbage guy or a homeless person, etc etc etc. Not everyone needs to be a cop or a gang member or a paramedic...id love to see someone work at the car spot as a car salesman and thats all they do. Add a train in the server that people can take to "fast travel" around the map. add new signage or road signs if possible? maybe find a number of scripts (lets say 5 for example) and have the community vote on what we'd like to see added to the server. Or have people go find new things on the 5m site and then gather them up, figure out what will work and then do a community vote....and if it doesnt fit or work out bnoth from rp or coding pov then yeet it and try something new.

On the other hand maybe people just need to be more creative with the characters they make? maybe we need new characters. I clearly dont know the answer, but i do know and understand how you feel

I do appreciate all that you and the staff have done and continue to do.

TheDazzleUK

Whitelisted
Maybe we should look at getting back into IRL social media. we could promote tprp that way. we can use some of teh donation monies and promote the community on 5m fb ig tike tok etc etc etc

Drama is going to happen no matter what. just how it is when you have all these personalities mixed together. Sometimes people get the lines blurred between RP and IRL.

I stay cause i love the people on the server (even though I havent been around much recently) maybe open it back up to the public???

Maybe we need more stuff to do? Maybe we need more people to just live normal civs lives like taxi driver or garbage guy or a homeless person, etc etc etc. Not everyone needs to be a cop or a gang member or a paramedic...id love to see someone work at the car spot as a car salesman and thats all they do. Add a train in the server that people can take to "fast travel" around the map. add new signage or road signs if possible? maybe find a number of scripts (lets say 5 for example) and have the community vote on what we'd like to see added to the server. Or have people go find new things on the 5m site and then gather them up, figure out what will work and then do a community vote....and if it doesnt fit or work out bnoth from rp or coding pov then yeet it and try something new.

On the other hand maybe people just need to be more creative with the characters they make? maybe we need new characters. I clearly dont know the answer, but i do know and understand how you feel

I do appreciate all that you and the staff have done and continue to do.
From what I see from the OP comments, the problem isn't getting new players, but rather keeping players engaged. Although your Social media idea isn't a bad idea by any stretch, although I really cannot say from experience because I am BRAND new here, once I (hopefully) get to playing the server I'd happily give you my feedback hopefully it will help.